Friday, December 18, 2009

This year has passed like stars behind the Starship Enterprise at warp 9.

Or is that our lives?


Today gifted me with one of my more fun time passing markers in the form of a visit by my violin master mate, Richard. In town for a short concert series, and barely able to rise after a 3.30 bedtime caused by a way over time afterparty (and possibly too many glasses of red) he was still up for a near to 6.30 pick up and run to Bell's where we were surprised to find a rising swell with some sets well over twice the three feet forecast.


My finless was taken for a literal spin by Rich, why I opted for the 6'2" thruster before going in and swapping for the small alaia and a salad toss couple of waves.

Then the legs started to cramp.

It's a long way out the back at Bells when all you have is the legs to kick about.


Bodyboarders. Respect.

One screamer across the bay where I did hold a line gave some thrills before I lost my little wooden edge and was buffeted right up the beach.

The net result was a varied session amongst a friendly though diminishing crowd.
Pics of Rich as he came in after I left the water a little earlier that normal due to the odd crampy leg or three.


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nursemyra said...

wow - that water is so blue