Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I FINALLY MANAGED A SURF LAST SUNDAY

They've been a bit thin on the ground lately, as we're moving house soon and there are just so many demands on my time.

Did an early morning run with my mate Rich down to Woolamai on Phillip Island. Bit of a bump in the swell but found a very quick righthander at Magiclands, just under the headland in the shot.

It's not called Magics for nothing, such a lovely spot. Unfortunately the crowd was decidedly unmagic, and it got a little tense, but by then I'd managed to get some good ones. A few nice turns, and in I went. I'm too old for all that testosterone fueled stuff.

I was all set for a second surf when the sea breeze hit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Crowds suck.

Hotheads suck.

Sometimes you just gotta get yours and get out.

Hope your next sesh is a better one!