Thursday, July 07, 2011

There is a fair amount of swell action on the eastern and southern coasts of Australia at the moment.

Conveniently a couple of meetings on the coast allowed a belt at Winki yesterday. I say belt guardedly, as, when you combine age, board length, crowd (more than pictured by orders of magnitude) and the infamous Winki sweep, I managed four waves in just under two hours. Two were great, two were pretty average (actually one was a whipping) I would call it a... no.. I would still call it a good session.

Nice attitude in the water, a lot of chatter, both in the cold and talking kind, a shark at Bells ("something big just bumped me"), some nervous laughter... "it'll go for you not me" sort of talk, and all in all good value.

The bombs were approaching real Bomb status, and it will be a good warm up for Saturday as the forecast is twice as big. They were calling this 4-5ft in the reports and I think it was a bit bigger than that. Since the prediction is 8-10 feet a six two will not do the trick for old fatboy come the weekend.

I think the bigger board will have to come out of the rafters. Should be fun if I manage to get past the shore break.








































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you're kidding about the shark

Unknown said...

Gah! You're killing me again. It's Summer doldrums here.